Monday, May 13, 2013

The Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Joss Whedon.

Okay, a little bit about S.H.I.E.L.D.

When I first heard about it, I was a little ho-hum. When I first heard that Joss Whedon had been roped into putting together a television series based on the Oh-So-Popular Avengers Movie, I thought, 'Okay, I'm in.'

Still pretty lukewarm, I had yet to read about anything on when this series was supposed to be set, whether there would be guest appearances by anyone I liked, and of course there is the ever present fact that Joss Whedon's shows have been threatened or cancelled with increasing regularity ever since Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

When I heard that ABC--not Fox--were going to be the ones running this show, I started feeling the first rays of hope.

Then there was this.



Punchy, startling, and a little under-whelming coming in at about 30 seconds. A teaser, in the truest sense of the word: It left me wanting more.

One day later, I'm wandering around my house with my eyes only half open as I haven't yet had breakfast and waking up is quite a bit to ask during a full week of holidays, and BAM.


Tuesdays this Fall! And also a two minute longer trailer!!

I said a couple of smart-ass things on Twitter, namely the fact that Coulson lives is the worst kept secret in a series that hasn't already started, and that isn't taking into consideration Joss' love affair with the particular trope, and something about wanting a Level 7 clearance, but all that's left to be said now is that for an hour each Tuesday starting as soon as this series does, I am busy.

I haven't been as excited about anything since the Neverwhere radio play.

Watch this space. I'm unlikely to be quiet as the countdown to S.H.I.E.L.D continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment