Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 2013 Reading List

Okay, okay, I have learned my lesson from too many books in last month's list.

Media preview

This month will be different!

Well of Shades.

4/5 - Fun and full world.
I had a hard time figuring out which book of Juliet Marillier's I was going to read this month, since I picked up both this and Son of Shadows in an op shop last month. I know I certainly don't have time for two Juliet Marillier novels in a month! And this one has such a whimsical cover. How could I not read it? This one won out also because, well, because the end of last book left me feeling so bereft for the main character of this book. And so I have to see him happy. And, for that, I have to read the book.

Hexed.

4/5 - Enjoyable, but not as fast paced as the first one.
After the amazing success with reading and loving Kevin's first book Hounded, I can't even believe it's taken me a month to get to the next book in the series, I estimate this will take me about two days to read cover to cover.

Fire with Fire.

DNF - There's one in every month.
Another book that has been picked up because of my love and need for more books following my reading list of March 2013. No idea if this will be as good as I thought Promiscuities was, but I'm about to find out!

The Little Stranger.

4/5 - I surprised myself with how much I liked this since it was set in the war.
I realised it had been too long since I read a new Sarah Waters novel. Plus, this was another part of my recent op shop grab. There's really not much to it than that.

Bone Crossed.

5/5 - Love, love, love Patricia's urban fantasy and this was no exception.
This book was originally meant to be Cry Wolf; another series in the same world as her Mercy Thompson books but with different characters. Unfortunately, I do not yet have this book, and the only copy listed in my library ended up being a lost copy. And so, I have my heart set on Patricia Briggs this month, so I guess I'll have to finish Bone Crossed this month. *staples hand to forehead* Oh, woe.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
3/5 - Sadly, this just wasn't as good as the movie.
This was a last minute add on for me, and is directly contributing to a piece of writing that I am hoping to progress on this coming month. Also, it looks as funny as hell. If it's anything like the movie of it, I'm sure I'll be in for a couple of laughs.

--

Only five books this month. I can do it :D For anyone interested in following my pursuits, feel free to follow me on Goodreads.com: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6878229.Nicole_D_Fergusson 

No comments:

Post a Comment